core values and culture
We've always done things differently at Come As You Are. One reflection of this difference is the decision to operate democratically and incorporate as a worker co-operative. Just after our tenth anniversary (in 2007) we decided it was time to get more specific about how we’re different and articulate our unique values both for ourselves and for our customers. The result is below: Come As You Are’s Core Values.
These values describe what Come As You Are stands for, who we are, how we act, and what we believe. They articulate a way of understanding and experiencing sexuality and gender that is both joyful and mindful. In short, these values represent the way we’d like the world to be, and the way we make it at Come As You Are.
- 1. Sex the Way You Want It The Come As You Are culture believes you should have the kind of sex you want, not settle for the kind you (ought to) have.
- 2. Customer Service that Helps We’re here to help you reach your personal goals, not our sales targets.
- 4. Be Accessible We level the playing field so exploring sexual pleasure and health can be accessible to everyone.
- 6. Be Worthy of Trust At Come As You Are, we fully appreciate the trust people put in us and we make sure we earn it in everything we do.
- 7. Create Nerdy Fun At Come As You Are, we love that sex can be nerdy, silly, and a whole lot of fun.
- 8. Contribute Co-operatively Co-operative doesn’t just describe our status; it describes our culture.
- 10. Working Harder to Make Sex Easier When exploring sex is the goal, working hard is its own reward.
* Sex the Way You Want It
* Customer Service that Helps
* No Come Ons
* Be Accessible
* Be the Anti-Experts
* Be Worthy of Trust
* Create Nerdy Fun
* Contribute Co-operatively
* Be Generous
* Working Harder to Make Sex Easier
* Live Our Name